Coming Back to Church
God be praised that Jesus instituted, for us, the Holy and Sacred Meal of His body and blood!
Beginning Sunday, May 17th, we will be providing opportunities for members to come for the Lord’s Supper.
- We will have two services, one at 1:00p and another at 2:30p.
- Each service will be limited to 75 attendees.
- Please plan to come once in the next four weeks.
We want our sanctuary to be as safe as possible for all in attendance.
- Please sign-up to attend. Signing up is easy through our church website. Click here for sign-up instructions: www.stpaulaustin.org/back-to-church.
- If you have any trouble with the sign up, please call the church office at 512-472-8301, and Elsa can help register you.
Click on the Sunday to Register:
Before you arrive:
Please remember to wash your hands, use the restroom (restrooms at church will only be available for emergencies), and bring your mask.
What to Expect
Here is what to expect and what is expected of you when you come for the Lord’s Supper.
- We will practice strict social distancing.
- Please wait in your car until you hear the bell ring and see the door open. (Please enter through the north-west door of the sanctuary.)
- You will find a service folder on a podium in the narthex. (Please take these home with you.)
- Please find a pew marked for use.
- The liturgy will be abbreviated and spoken (no singing).
- When it is time for the Lord’s Supper, the Elder will indicate to each family when it is time to go forward and receive the Lord’s body and blood.
- When the service is over, please limit social interaction. (I know this will be very difficult. Thank you for understanding.)
- Restrooms will be for emergencies only.
Questions and Answers
How will everything be cleaned and prepared?
Pastor and the Elders have been planning to make sure the sanctuary and service are as safe as possible.
- All surfaces will be sanitized before and after the service.
- All “touchable” things will be removed, like hymnals, etc.
- No service folders or communion wear will be reused.
- Everyone involved in preparing and disposing of the Lord’s Supper will wear gloves and masks.
- The Lord’s Supper will be provided in such a way that there is no human contact.
What about masks?
Masks are highly encouraged, especially for entering and leaving the building, but they are not required.
Will the restrooms be open?
Yes, but for emergencies only.
Can the children come to church?
If it is possible to make child-care arrangements for unconfirmed children, please do. If this is not possible, children are very welcome. Please take extra care to ensure that the children are socially distanced from the other attendees.
Will the on-line services continue?
Yes. We will still premiere our video service of the word on Sunday morning at 9:00a, and will still have our zoom Bible Class at 10:30a. Wednesday Evening Prayer and Bible Class will also continue as “normal” at 6:30p
What if all the services are full?
We’ll be keeping an eye on this, and making more space available as needed.
What if I’m uncomfortable coming to church?
No problem. Please continue to participate in our on-line offerings. If you are uncomfortable leaving the home, please stay home, but keep in touch. Let us know how you are doing.