The following letter regarding COVID-19 is from Pastor Wolfmueller and the Board of Elders. For information on online content, including sermon texts, readings, bulletins, and service audio, please see the St. Paul website.
Updated: Aug 16, 2020
OUR SCHEDULE WILL SHIFT ON AUGUST 23rd. (Details coming)
We have an abbreviated Communion Service on Sunday afternoon.
- Service begins at 1:00 pm.
- Attendance is limited to 50 in each service (for the Sundays through August 16).
- Guests are welcome to attend, and we encourage members to come as often as they are able.
- Members and visitors are asked to RSVP for services.
- Links to RSVP are found on our church website here: www.stpaulaustin.org/back-to-church
- You can also call Elsa in the church office, and she can register you and your guests. The church office phone number is 512-472-8301.
- Currently we are speaking the liturgy, and the Lord’s Body and Blood is distributed to attendees in the pews.
- Masks are required.
Beginning Sunday, August 23rd…
Sunday Morning Service
- Sunday morning service begins at 9:00a.
- The Lord’s Supper will be available every service.
- The liturgy will be simplified but complete. All the liturgy and Scriptures will be printed on the bulletin. (No hymnals will be used.)
- We will practice social distancing as much as possible. We are planning to distribute the Lord’s body and blood in the pews.
- Masks are required for entering, leaving, and when moving in the building. They are encouraged in the pews, but not required (currently the Travis County restaurant policy).
- We will sing the Sunday hymns after the service outside.
- There will be no limit to attendance, but registration is requested. Please click here to register: www.stpaulaustin.org/back-to-church
- Guests are welcome and encouraged.
Sunday Morning Family Bible Class
- Also beginning Sunday, August 23rd, we will hold Bible Class in-person and on zoom.
- In person class will meet in the fellowship hall.
- We will practice social distancing.
- Plan to bring your own coffee and Bible.
Sunday Morning On-Line Services
The Word of God reaches us, even at a distance.
- We continue to broadcast our Sunday services on YouTube and our church website. Go to www.stpaulaustin.org/live for links to the service and bulletin to download. (You can also find links to past services and service bulletins there as well.)
- Click here for our congregation’s YouTube channel.
- Click here for a playlist of past services.
Sunday services premier on Sunday morning. (Preservice begins at 8:45 am, the service proper at 9:00 am.) They are immediately available to watch when the premiere is concluded.
Sunday Service: By Phone
- Our Sunday Services and sermons are available by phone.
- Dial 512-910-7326.
- You will then be prompted with services and sermons to select.
- You can find audio of the Sunday Sermon on our church website here: https://www.stpaulaustin.org/sermons/
- Sermons are also being posted to Pastor Wolfmueller’s YouTube channel. Click here.
World-Wide Bible Class: Tuesday, 10:00 am Central Time
Pastor Wolfmueller hosts a world-wide Bible class. We are using zoom to host these meetings.
- Links to join, study notes, and links to previous classes are all here: www.wolfmueller.co/bible
- To join on your computer: https://zoom.us/j/380267421
- To join by phone: +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston), and when prompted enter the Zoom Meeting ID: 380 267 421
Evening Prayer: Wednesday, 6:30 pm
We will meet on zoom. (The information will be the same that we use for Sunday Morning Bible Class.)
Regarding the liturgy and service:
- I’ll be at my house, and Jonathan will lead the hymns from his house. So this service will be a little more humble.
- We will put the hymns and liturgy on the screen, so you can follow along with the words that way.
- If you have hymnals at home, we’ll announce the hymns as well. The liturgy will all be spoken.
Wednesday Bible Class, 7:00 pm
After Evening Prayer we will have Bible Class. We are currently studying the book of Isaiah.
- We will stay in the zoom meeting, so nothing will change.
- Plan for our study to go from 7:00-7:45, and then we’ll hang out and talk for a while afterwards.
Both Evening Prayer and Bible Class are “close” events, that is, we welcome friends and family members to join us, but we are not publicizing the links publically on the website, etc. So if you know people who would benefit by joining us, please invite them, but please don’t post the links on more public forums (like Facebook and Twitter, etc.).
Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Study and Conversation
Our men’s breakfast will begin virtual meetings via zoom on the 3rd Saturday of every month, 8:00-9:30 am. We will consider current events in light of the Lord’s Law and Gospel.
Communication and Contact Information
- The Weekly Word will be sent out via email early each week. If you are not receiving the weekly word, please contact the church office.
- The church uses a communication system called Realm to keep in touch. If you need help updating your Realm account, please contact the church office.
- Announcements are also posted on our congregation’s Facebook page. Click here: https://www.facebook.com/stpaulaustin
- St. Paul Lutheran Church website: www.stpaulaustin.org
- Office phone: 512-472-8301
- Mailing address: 3501 Red River St, Austin, Texas 78705-1899
- Office email: Elsa Mata, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pastor’s email: Bryan Wolfmueller, email@example.com
- Pastor’s cell: 303-525-4991
- Church giving information: https://www.stpaulaustin.org/give-to-st-paul/
For Jesus Deaf Lutheran Church
Sunday Bible Class
We will meet on Sunday at 7:00 pm via zoom.
Our ASL service will be posted on the Congregation’s YouTube channel at 5:00 pm every Sunday.
- Click here to go to the Jesus Deaf Lutheran Church YouTube Channel.
- Starting May 17, communion service at 4:30 for communicant members. Strict social distancing protocols will be followed.
- Communion service on the 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sundays.